Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Updates on my Grandpa and my Uncle John

As horrible as it may sound, 2 tragic situations has brought our family even closer and stronger with each challenge we face. My Grandpa Johnson had a stroke a week ago from Monday and my Uncle John ended up back in the Hospital last Sunday night with heart trouble and abdominal pain. My grandpa is doing well and graduated from the walker to using a cane and his heart healthy diet restrictions got decreased so he can eat a little bit more and he can use No Salt or Mrs. Dash now on the bland foods to give it flavor. He has his feelings on his left side back and his speech is coming real good. He has been recovering so well that he may get to go home on Thursday. He is here in LaCrosse at Gundersen Hospital, so I get to see him almost every day! :)
Onto my uncle John, he on the other hand is not doing well at all. He had emergency surgery last night and had his Gall Bladder removed. He is a bleeder so he has 6 blood transfusions and continues to bleed. His heart is in A-Fib again and today he was finally taken off the respirator. He is still in Critical condition and lots of prayers have been sent off to God. I shed many tears, because I cannot be with him, but our family have a very close connection of communication so I am informed about everything, good, bad, or indifferent. I was feeling selfish because I am here continuing to work and finishing up two of school in one because we are leaving for Vegas December 13th and returning the 18th. I feel sad about that also, because my Grandpa and my Uncle John were going with us to Vegas so our family could add another chapter to our lives and create memories, unfortunately they are not able to go.:(
I feel stressed out with having so much schoolwork, work, family issues, and regular family living that I think a vacation would be Great now, but how can someone have fun knowing that some family are not doing so great. My cousins told me that my Uncle John, their dad, is strong and could be ok in the long run, but it is God's will to take him not ours. Boy that was tough to hear, but they are right.
Therefore, knowing all this please keep in mind to create memories with your loved ones and show compassion to others and smile because it might make someones day! Our family is close and we are there for each other whether it is directly or on the phone, no matter what! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment