Thursday, December 3, 2009

Things Work in Mysterious Ways

Another week and it did not start as a very good one. My grandpa was rushed on Monday night to Gundersen Hospital by ambulance from Decorah, because he had a stroke. His left side was affected and his speech was real slurred and his memory and comprehension was just not functioning properly. He is not a candidate to get the clot buster, because he has a blood disease. I have been there every day and he is improving each day and can walk pretty good now with a walker. They did a Temporal Vein Biopsy on Wednesday and everything went well, we will know the results today sometime. My Grandpa is my love and compassion for elderly people and I respect the elderly because of him and my late Grandma Doris. When I was younger I didn't have compassion for others like I do now, but my grandparents always told there kids and us grand kids, "Be kind to others and respect your elders, because someday you will be there." "Do onto others, as you would do onto yourself." Through prayers and patients and strong will, my grandpa has another chance to create memories with us. I cherish every laughter, every moment, and every breath that God gives me and my family to live one more day to make a memory. Someone will carry it on and hopefully each generation will keep compassion as a part of respect and life. Without it, life wouldn't be good. The man upstairs really has truly worked in a Mysterious way, when it came to letting us still have our Grandpa. My Grandpa is suppose to go to Vegas with us on December 13th and plans on still going, if he can't he will be greatly missed, but thought of. Life is too short, so be kind to others and respect your elders, because someday some will be gone in a blink of an eye. Have a great weekend and see you in class on Monday. Take Care and God Bless You All. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment