Sunday, November 29, 2009

Christmas Spirit

It has been a busy week, again. I finished up a couple of papers, but need to type them up in school on Monday, then I worked this week and school till wed of last week then it was the most wonderful day on Thursday. I was so glad to wake up and there was no snow on the ground, so that meant a good traveling day for Thanksgiving. We went to my mom's and had lots of good food and good people to be around. We had Turkey, Meatballs, Mashed Potato's, Candied Yams, Green Bean Casserole, Sweet Corn from our patch, Jello deserts, Pumpkin Pie and Bars, Cherry and Strawberry Cheesecake, Seasoned Pretzels, and home made chocolate candy. I was so stuffed that I didn't eat till the next day at noon. It was great though and the memories are even AWESOME! We talked to my Uncle John that day and he is feeling real good, so we have a lot to be Thankful for. I worked all day and night on Friday and Saturday went household shopping.
But today is my best day, I call it my time day. I was home all am and midday by myself and I got a lot done. I shampooed carpets, I took out the garbage, stoked the wood stove, made a hot dish, did the dishes, and put up my Christmas Tree. I had on Christmas music and a Yankee Candle lit, called Red Apple Wreath, mmmm it smells and feels like Christmas Spirit here today. There will not be much for gifts under our tree this year, due to the fact our kids are going to Vegas with us the 13th through the 18th of December. That is there Xmas gift from us. Brady is 10 years old and Santa will have still bring him something. I feel good and love to be in the Xmas spirit. It took some coaxing, but I am glad I did it. If you feel like you don't want to decorate just turn on some Christmas music or watch a Christmas movie or bake some Christmas goodies.
I hope you all had a safe and good Thanksgiving, see you in school Monday am and God Bless You All! :)

1 comment:

  1. All of the food that you had sounds delicious! I love turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, jello desserts, pumpkin pie and pretzels. The memories from holidays are definitely the best part. I'm glad to hear that your Uncle John is continuing to get better. That's really good. I also decorated a christmas tree this weekend at my parents house. I love listening to Christmas music. I also watched Christmas movies on tv this past weekend and enjoyed the decortaions.

    ReplyDelete