Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Updates

Hello everyone, today is a real good day. I have received good news about Uncle John. He is getting better and stronger every day. He is walking good and eating well. They are monitoring his blood level now because of his heart A-Fib flutter. He has had a real tough go this year, he had real bad M-Diabetes and he had knee surgery and his Neuropathy was getting bad. So he decided to have the Gastric ByPass done in June and that has helped him a lot but he bled real bad right after he had the surgery and it was because he had a bad bag of Heparin when he was in the hospital. Everything else has been good since the surgery, Diabetes regulated with pills now instead of injections, his knee's feel better and he can use his hands real good now too. He lost over 100 pounds and felt great till he had his stroke. They found that he has Sleep Apnea now too so he has to get a machine for when he sleeps so his heart doesn't have to work so hard. He thinks he might get to go home on Friday if he continues to improve. He will be sent home on Coumadin(blood thinner) and a C Pap machine for when he sleeps.
As far as getting rest, well it is getting better but still feeling a little sluggish and tired. I wish I could sleep and do nothing for one day. I have had tests this week and papers due and work and my list goes on and on. I guess that saying, 'I can rest when I'm dead', will have to apply to me.
My husband and the boys have been working in the fields combining corn since Sunday and it has been non-stop working from 7am till about 11pm. It is like a cloud of dust where ever they are working and smells like cooked corn at the elevators, mmm smells good. They come in and eat and off again. When they get home at night I make them a snack and a glass of milk and they shower and go to bed. Combining is short lived so that is a good thing.
Tonight I made homemade Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Sweetcorn from our garden, and Homemade buns. I cheated for desserts, because I bought a box of those Zebra Cakes and gave them one of those. I also took out fresh Strawberries from the freezer and we had Strawberries over ice cream. I was hungry for something home cooked and since I work tomorow the leftovers will be good for the guys to warm up. Well I will see you all in class and thank you for the concerns and the thoughtfulness, it sure makes it easier when you know people care. God Bless You.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that your Uncle John is getting better. That's great news for you and your family. You sound like you have a very loving family. It's nice of you all to help take care of him and the chores that need to be done. I'm sure that everything you are doing for him means a lot and I'm sure he appreciates it all. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also am glad to hear that your uncle is doing better. It's never easy when someone has a major illness. So, ya, it's pretty good that he's feeling better. I suppose that relieves some stress from your busy but wonderful life. As for your awesome home cooked dinners, the other night I made steak wrapped in chicken, wrapped in bacon. Pretty sweet huh.

    ReplyDelete