Sunday, November 8, 2009

My Uncle John

This week has been very busy and exhausting. I had my usual busy schedule with college and work this last week. My weekend was very scary! I went to work Thurs at 4, after I had classes all day, and I almost hit a deer on my way home, oh wait let me rephrase that, 'A deer almost hit me.' Then I did school work on Fri morning and then went to work Fri night and didn't get home till 11pm. I got up Sat am at 7 and went to work till 6pm, then I get a phone call. It was my Aunt Pogo and she tells me that they life-flighted my Uncle John to Mercy Hospital in Souix City, Iowa. My aunt's last words that I heard from her before I became num was, "He had a Stroke and he is CRITICAL." I thanked her for telling me and then I did a ton of phone calling at many angles, because I was going there (6.5 hours away). I was scheduled to work on Sunday and needed to get that taken care, I needed to get a hold of my mom and see if she wanted to ride with me and she said yes, then I needed to let my household family know and then pack and go there.
My Uncle John is doing better, they got him the clot buster within 40 minutes and he did not suffer permanent damage, but some heart A-Fib going on, but that will regulate hopefully with meds. I was with family and it was critical until about 9 am and then things decided to turn for the better. I got only 45 minutes of sleep in 2 days and I am exhausted and ready for bed. I also wanted to tell you that I got to watch my uncle's Echogram and watch them do the Bubbles on him (name for injecting a certain med to see how his heart is function in a chemical mode). It was real KOOL! I left Iowa around 2pm and got home about 8pm, so I did good timing coming home too. Doing some school work and so ready for bed. Good Luck to all you hunters out there and get them deer, because I don't want them hitting me, lol.
God Bless You!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your Uncle John. That's a very scary thing. It sounds like you have had a really busy week! 45 minutes of sleep within 2 days? That's crazy! You must be exhausted. I'm glad you weren't hurt when the 'deer hit you' lol. Since it gets dark earlier, it's harder to spot the deer, and it is dark now when people get off of work. Hope your Uncle keeps getting better. Have a good rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete